Friday, August 20, 2010

Can I use more than one antivirus?

I have Norton antivirus, but not sure I like it, sbc yahoo has an antivirus that comes with my service, but I have not downloaded it. I do not care if it is free or I have to pay, I just want one that works.Can I use more than one antivirus at the same time ? I use Super Antispy for spywear and it appears to work well, but I am concerned about antivirus.



Can I use more than one antivirus?adware



My computer came with Norton preinstalled. I used it for a couple of months until the free trial ended. I then download the SBC(now AT%26T) Yahoo Online Protection Package. It required me to completely remove the Norton program before it would function. This is because you cannot run two AV programs at the same time. They conflict and provide no protection at all. The two of them can also do physical damage to your computer. (Rare, but possible).



I recommend the AT%26T package. The AV program is excellent and is not an attention whore like the Norton was. The only time I get bothered by it is when it runs a scan. I have mine set to run scans every three days.



It automatically updates. You will see an update Icon in the SysTray when it is doing this. The Auto update feature allows for updates 24 hrs a day.



You will hear negative opinions from people about the Protection package provided by AT%26T (SBC). Most of these opinions are from people who know nothing about the programs and have never used them. I have used it now for almost a year and am very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment