Friday, August 20, 2010

Avast antivirus has deleted my system32 files?

few days ago my computer was infected by trojanvirus, i installed avast antivirus and scaned in boot mode it prompt me to delete or quarantine some .exe files in c:\, d:\, after deleting these all virus files when my computer logged on I was not able to find windows %26 program files and many more movie files but my computer is still running and there is no changes in my disk space really before scanning my computer has 20.1 gb free space and after scanning I have 20 gb of free space. It is really a typical type of problem please help me out.



Avast antivirus has deleted my system32 files?vista



It may be too late now, but for future reference:



ALWAYS, QUARANTINE FIRST, THEN DELETE LATTER!



Malware removal is somewhat of an inexact science. Mistakes can and do happen. Often. False-positive detections happen more often then the anti-malware industry cares to admit. It's their dirty little secret.



Needed system files can be mistakenly flagged as malware. Quarantining allows a way to undo any incorrect file deletions, easily, if it ever becomes necessary. When the anti-virus vendor finds their mistake and corrects their signature definitions, for you, the user, it is too late. The needed file has already been permanently deleted. And then it's, ''tough luck Charlie!''



A file in quarantine is totally safe. It can do no harm.



You should quarantine everything for a month or so, then if all is OK with your computer and all of your programs, then you can delete. Some anti-virus programs give their quarantine a cutsey name like ''Chest'' or ''Vault'' but it's one and the same.



Good luck.



Avast antivirus has deleted my system32 files?antispyware



reboot pc,tap f8,restore to an earlier time point.

No comments:

Post a Comment